Thursday, June 05, 2008

My heart is broken


Just after the wonderful reminder this morning that Denis will be coming home to his forever family soon I received another e-mail about a waiting child. This time the news was not so good. No, it was devastating. A baby girl that reminds me so much of my Emma has been transferred to a mental institution. She is tube-fed, like Brianna was, and will likely not be fed appropriately- if at all. This little one is 4 yrs old and it may already be too late for her. But this one little stole my heart and still has it. She is so tiny and frail. If I could I'd go get her today. I know I can't.


PLEASE spread the word about the need for adoptive families for these children! If you can help provide grants for the kids that is wonderful also because one of the major deterrants to international adoption is the associated costs. These children are living on borrowed time. Even those that are in great orphanages as babies will soon be aging out. They have such a short time there. There are so many kids with no other hope of a real life.


Mike and I have been told by two different doctors that Emma won't live long. We didn't expect her to see her next birthday. But even the most impossible circumstances have been traded in for HOPE and Emma is going to have a chance at life. Even if we do lose her, we know that she has blessed us in inumerable ways since coming home and that she has also known love, health, a full stomach, and has ben a part of a family- all things that these other children may never know.
It's hard to think about losing Emma. I try not to. But to think about these other little babes laying in their own excrements in a crib by themselves and starving to death because there's noone to take the time to feed them... that's too much. We need to do something. We need to find families. We need to get grants. We need to get these little ones HOME.


Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me. Don't keep them away. The kingdom of heaven belongs to people like them."

4 comments:

  1. Crying here...and praying. Thank you for the reminder, Merideth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad for her. I wish we could help to save them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meredith! It was great seeing you today and your blog is so inspirational. Id love if we could get together sometime this week while i'm here. Send me an email. slpayne2007@yahoo.com or call me 425-248-9142/321-269-7799

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meredith,

    My heart breaks for all those little ones! I wish there was some way I could take them all home! Your family is such a reflection of Christ's love. Thank you for being an inspirtation and we are praying!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete