Saturday, June 23, 2012
He had already been sent to bed and I had just hit "go" to call Michael while he was leaving for Orlando. Kristopher seemed urgent so I asked m to tell me quickly what he needed. "I need to go let my frog go" --"what frog?" --"When I was at Grandpas house with daddy earlier I caught a frog and put it in the helmet bag in the van. I need to go let it out so it doesn't die!" --"The horseback bag? It's in with the kids' helmets?" --"Yes, and if I don't let it out it's going to DIE!" --"Well, your dad just left for Orlando with that van, but I will let him know that there's a frog in the bag in the trunk" All the while, Michael is on the phone with me now, wondering what in the WORLD I'm talking about! He still isn't sure when Kristopher had the opportunity to get in to the trunk of the van and put a frog in the duffel bag with the kids' horseback/bicycle helmets are stored... Not sure yet whether he ever stopped to look for the frog...
Written by Meredith at 6/23/2012 11:13:00 PM
Friday, June 22, 2012
So... Once the end of May we have had quite the excitement in several areas... We have had multiple doctor appointments including putting Aleksa on a new ADHD med which she had a reaction to and we immediately stopped... Then another neurology appointment and a new med daily along with one "as needed". The daily med takes a while to kick in, so it isn't doing anything yet, however the as needed med has made a drastic difference in her ability to "cope" with the world around her and to be able to appropriately interact with others. There is hope in the future for her since at least we know SOMETHING that is working! Still waiting on the other med to kick in (began it yesterday) and we shall see... Wesley went back to the GI doctor and we will be scheduling him for his PEG tube (g tube for feeding) to be changed to a mic-key or mini button (low profile button without a long tube hanging down!) aftere the baby is born. Any time in a month or so is fine, and since that's so close to my delivery date, we will hold off until a little after that. I also had another ultrasound to check on the baby's growth and fluid levels. Her growth wasn't bad, about 8 days behind a previous ultrasound with prediction, but not awful. Unfortunately my fluid was also fairly low. The next day I saw the OB and the baby's heart rate was 180 for quite some time, so we got the "do not pass go, go straight to the hospital for a non stress test.". So... Off we went, with Micah in tow since he came along for the doctor appointment! The NST ended up being fine! Her heart rate stayed pretty the entire time, however the doctor was on rounds at the hospital at that time as well and consulted with the one I had seen in the office. Both decided that I would now be referred back to the high risk doctor for follow up "because if she needs to come early, it needs to be at a hospital with a NICU." Not what we wanted to hear! Thinking it would be a week before we got in with high risk (last time it took 6 weeks!) we didn't think too much about it. Until we got a call that night at about 4 pm telling us to be there at 8am! So, off we went to high risk the next morning... After scrambling for a sitter (or two!) and getting everything set up so someone else could be at our house went he kids woke up the next morning and do meds, breakfast,d reusing, etc... The high risk appointment was thankfully anticlimactic! The fluid looked slightly better than it had in our local office. Baby's growth was different by a half a pound! They sent us off with a much better feeling about everything and we were set to follow back up in three weeks there. Now that appointment is just under two weeks away. All in all, a busy month so far, and little down time for blogging! Home schooling is going great, Kristpher and Brianna enjoyed a week of camp at the church (Emma participated 2 1/2 days and enjoyed might be stretching it a little, but she did have a good time with her buddy even if the camp ended up just being her thing...). We had a laid back Father's Day and Monday is Michael's 31st birthday. Then follow up with our local OB this week, next week we go to a Botox/Phenol follow up, Wenesday is July 4th, and on the 5th we will again consult with the high risk OB office in Orlando. We have pretty much decided we should try to have things "in place" in case there IS something going on with the baby--fluid being lower, or growth not being adequate--to where they decide to keep me at the hospital that day or even to deliver soon. I will be 35 weeks at that point! Still no name for our little girl... Since I know I'll get asked :). Feel free to leave ideas :). We have been talking more about names, though, so she WILL have one soon after she arrives :)
Written by Meredith at 6/22/2012 03:39:00 PM