Sunday, June 01, 2008

Me and My Sister :)

003

Elizabeth and I laughed as we read through the comments of "you two look alike!"  Yes, in fact, we've been repeatedly mistaken for each other.  Kristopher took this picture of us and although I wasn't quite smiling (we'd ben sitting there for a min waiting for him to get it 'just right' LOL), you can see that indeed we are different people ;)  When Elizabeth was here watching my kids while I was in Ukraine she brought them to the church for their KAD classes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  A few of the parents came up to me after I got home and said "wow, that was quick!"  Um..NOT! LOL They said "I saw you just 3 weeks ago."  Oh... yes, that was my sister :D  She's a "dressed up" version of me, I've been told.  Maybe they were being nice and didn't say the "pretty version" :) :)

Elizabeth made it back home to Minnesota tonight.  She spent just over a week here but had to work 2 days of it, spent a few days in Orlando, and I spent a day at the doctor's, so although it stretched out over a long period of time, we really didn't get to spend a ton of time together.  We did have a good time tho and both missed out on sleep when we stayed up talking.  Oh, and she cut my hair :)  It was midway down my back and I think she took a good 6" off of it.  Thanks Elizabeth, we can't wait to see you again!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Meredith, you 2 do look alike! I'm so glad to hear the hopeful report from your Dr. about Emma's heart as well. I'm praying for you. Joy,RR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....I don't suppose your sister likes to go help other families with lots of children? :):):) Just kidding.

    What a wonderful blessing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, Karen, Elizabeth is helping out a little behind-the-scenes with RR now :) She works with government grants so has some know-how and is trying to find grants (outside her realm- she deals with military) to do some things for RR :) So in a way I suppose she does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! I thought you two looked alike from the seperate pictures, but side by side...WOW! you could def pass as twins....

    And both pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to have met her, and I'll admit I am one who said(even yesterday that you two looked like twins!) Of course each with your own flair but you do look a lot alike! I've always wanted a sister, that is awesome that you guys have a good relationship!

    ReplyDelete