Monday, July 14, 2008

It'll be ok!!

Ok, so I guess my post about Emma came across a little strong, but it is reality. Reality is also that the surgeon has his own family and working days. He is taking his kids to the Keys I'm sure since that's where they like to go on vacation. And EVERY DAY that he's not with his family on vacation he is scheduled already to save someone ELSE'S kid's life. So... No, we can't move up Emma's surgery and I refuse to pray that someone else's heart surgery is cancelled so hers can be fit in. BUT... I won't discourage anyone from praying that vacation plans get tweaked a bit and Emma can be fit in earlier ;) Really tho, it's going to be ok. God's in control, and as one that saved MANY MORE LIVES than Dr. Q, I'm trusting God's got a great plan for Emma. And as for Dr. Q, I hold him in the HIGHEST LEVEL OF INTEGRITY. He is a wonderful man and as a wife to a minister I completely understand the difficulty in saying "My family has to come first" and telling someone else that "needs you more" that no, you can't do it until after family time. So... just hang in there with me... Emma's going to be ok!

7 comments:

  1. Meredith,
    You have such a positive outlook. You are right, God is watching over her. Luckily you have a month to prepare!

    Blessings,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, We should all be the ones reassuring YOU!! Thank you for reminding me that God is in control of your sweet and precious daughter! I hope you cling to that very tightly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do prioritize cases though. They bumped Sawyer out 1 week because there was a case that was more critical. Don't know how they do it at your hospital but maybe they could look at it. Maybe they already are.

    Lots of prayers going up for Miss Emma.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just reading the words "heart failure" make my heart leap to my throat and remember the early days after our daughter was born when we were terrified we would lose her this way. The fear that prevented us from another dream and daughter.

    Prayers for sweet Emma, she is strong despite her failing heart and God is in control. I will pray for an ealier date, a change in vacation plans...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you are peace with waiting, though I know it must be hard. Some things are very worth waiting for. Just think, you waited your whole life to find Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prayers have been with you guys and little Emma and I continue to pray for you. She's a strong little fighter.
    From my Joel Osteen Word from today:
    "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27). You're right, God is in control.
    Meredith, You and your husband are an inspiration to me and I thank you for that!
    Martha Spahr (from RR)

    ReplyDelete
  7. if this was ANY other little girl, i think i'd be more concerned... but although i do realize the seriousness of the situation, God has done SO MUCH and provided SO MANY miracles up to this point in her life that i am confident that He has a plan for her life. she's already survived so much... statistically she probably shouldn't have been doing as well as she has, i think you mentioned the doctors who first saw her were surprised she kept going for 5 years like this. Emma is a fighter... i'm praying God will be her strength and yours as well.

    - michelle (from d.c.)

    ReplyDelete