I just talked with the surgeon's office and they said that they reviewed the brain MRI films and that there IS brain damage, but looks like it's old so nothing he's going to worry about. (they were worried about active lesions because of her extensive heart and lung issues.) They WILL progress with surgery!
AND... I told the lady that Emma's sweating profusely, in further failure, her sats are dropping badly at night, and she's already on O2 may be upping the amount. Also, she's on the max meds that the cardiologist is comfortable giving her at her size and that I wanted him to be aware that she's not just "staying the same" but is slipping further into failure. The person I spoke with actually sounded concerned (a good thing) and is calling Dr. Q to find out if he's going to move it up. She asked me if I had a preference of hospitals and I told her if he could do it at the other (he operates at 2) I don't care, we just want her to have her chance. She also said that another surgeon has an opening TOMORROW. I said, well, if Dr. Q wants the other guy to do it I don't care, I just want her to have it fixed, so let me know what he says. She's got my cell # and is going to try to get him today. He leaves in 10 days for 2 weeks. So it's either SOON or our set date on August 14th.
I'd PREFER our doctor- if it means waitng too long, well... that won't help. PLEASE pray for God's guidance on the surgeons today as they decide whether they'll do her surgery in the next 10 days or whether she'll continue to wait for August 14th. God's Will... That's all I ask that you pray for. Oh, and a little comfort for Mom and Dad would be great too :)
I'll update when I hear anything more. Hopefully I'll hear something today but knowing this office... it may be a day or two before I hear back.