Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saving A Blog--- In its entirity?

Anyone know how you can save ALL of the blog contents locally?? I realized that although I have a scrapbook which goes through mid-December (which my sister made for me and it's WONDERFUL and I want to one day finish it off with the "before" part and up to where we said goodbye to Sasha...) of all of my blog entries, I don't have anything from our travels and time at home saved locally- except those that I made on the Windows Live Writer that are based off my home computer.

Is there a way to locally "back up" the blog? Or to make a digital copy including pictures and archives?? I don't want to lose all the writing I've done about my kids' beginning. And the achievements of Kristopher and Brianna have been enveloped in this time too. So... other than printing every page and filing it in the "do not destroy" box or copy/pasting and saving them in a document, anyone know a quick way to backup or download an entire 10 months of blogging?

6 comments:

  1. Please post if you do find out how to do this. I was thinking the same thing the other day. I need to update both kids scrapbooks and I already have things organized on my blog. It would be great to print it off and scrapbook from the blog.

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I checked (over a year ago), there was no way but they were working on it. So check with Blogger to see if they have something now. Let us know,so we all can do it.

    Thanks,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if this is exactly what you were thinking of, but I know that one of the adoptive families from my agency used blurb.com to make their blog into an actual book - text, photos, everything. here's their link if you want to check it out. I've never used them so I don't have a lot of details.

    http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

    peace and blessings,
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I hope that really works! Please let us know! I have thought the same thing. I want so desperately to save mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually I just set my blog view on complete months and then printed this with a pdf-printer (saving a print of a webpage as pdf). This came out quite good and looked really nice. I keep doing that monthly so that I have a pdf file a month.

    I am using a free version of doPDF version 5 for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only way I've figured out how to do it is to set up a Feedburner account and have your daily posts sent to you in email. Save the emails and transfer to a Word document if you wish. It won't help with previous posts, but it will help going forward.

    ReplyDelete