Monday, March 24, 2008

One of those days...

Today was one of the days where there are lots of things to get done, and by the end of the day I'm ready to relax, let Mike take care of the kids, and go read a book. I'd even sit in the laundry closet and monitor loads while I read. And no one would find me :)

Unfortunately, it's also Monday, which means that Mike has already left for school and won't be home until 11pm. So no break for me! I am sitting here enjoying a great dinner of pulled pork, garlic bread, french fries, and macaroni and cheese, though. So I can't complain!

A great friend of mine, Chris, has set up for herself and others to bring us meals 2 or 3 times a week. That's been a HUGE blessing to us- especially on nights like tonight where although it's only ME eating... I'm not sure what I'd be eating if Dan and Debbie hadn't brought me food. Maybe some chicken nuggets which is what the kids had. But after a long day, this Sonny's dinner is wonderful!

Just this evening I've had 3 kids crying at once and the 4th vying for attention. None of this is actually because I cleaned today, since the kids came with me to each room and Kristopher even vacuumed next to me. They were all very much a part of it all. No, it's one of those things where the sun and moon line up and the planets part and everyone goes wild for about 5 minutes. Right when the phone rings.

Anyway, I've posted again and again at how easy the kids are and how great things are going, so I suppose it was time for a "this 3 hours was very difficult!" post from me! In the great scheme of things the kids all calmed down, they're playing together and I'm getting a full meal, so life is good once again!

2 comments:

  1. Meredith,
    If you ever just need a break or need help with anything, please give me a call. I am only 5 minutes away and would love to help out. Sometimes moms just need a little time to relax by themselves. Don't be afraid to ask.
    Love,
    Mom C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith,
    I'm just now realizing that you adopted Daria! I read about her in someone else's blog, told my husband about her, and we both felt this great need to pray for her to find a family back in early Feb. I was just looking at RR homecomings and saw her before and after picture. I've been reading your blog for weeks and had prayed for your quick return. How wonderful to know that she is in such a wonderful Christian home. Blessings on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete