Monday, March 17, 2008

MOM's

I'm quickly earning a great respect for all of you MOMs out there! Although I have great respect for all moms, I especially mean those that get the title as an acronym: Mom Of Multiples.

None of my "triplets" are biologically related. They span 3 1/2 years. They're from 2 different countries. They have very different ability levels. None walk. All are in diapers. Two are on bottles. Two are nonverbal. One uses sign language. Three are adorable. Three have sweet smiles. Three like to giggle. And I wouldn't change any of them for the world.

Any advice from my MOM friends? Any tricks you found that may seem simple that make the day go smoother? I'm slowly figuring things out, but that's just it... try and try again!

4 comments:

  1. None here! You are doing a terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stick to a schedule and don't be afraid to ask for help.

    Amy O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assembly line style works for us in changing & feeding. Also, when it comes to therapies we work as a big group & include everyone, so everyone feels loved & special. Even if it's simply Sabi watching with a toy in her hand.

    Take a timeout for yourself every once in awhile, even if it's 10 minutes of watching "your" program while you feed someone. As MOMs I think it's first nature to always be multitasking & your brain will exhaust your body/spirit. Give yourself permission to take a break.

    Oh, and write down the neat things you want to remember on a daily calendar (if it isn't all already in your blog). It's a treasure to look back on about who was doing what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    I have been following your entries daily but rarely have time to post as I am a mom of multiples! I have twins that are 15 month old boys. I with Ds and one typical. Both are ADORABLE. As are your 'triplets'. Many blessings to your family.

    As far as suggestions from a M.O.M.; I try to keep mine on the same schedule throughout the day. Even though one has a Gtube, and one takes a bottle/sippy cube; we drink our milk at the same times during the day. We diaper at the same 2 hour intervals unless there is a poopy. We bathe them together (Tommy with Ds has a bath ring), etc. We have two highchairs and I line them up and feed them at the same time.

    The biggest thing, which you have probably learned, is the laundry never ends. NEVER ENDS. :)

    Much happiness to your family.

    ReplyDelete