Sunday, February 24, 2008

02-24-2008

Happy Birthday Kristopher!! I can't believe my little guy's 4 today. I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Things haven't been great here but I'm surviving. I have been sick for about 4 days and spent the first 2 of those in bed pretty much. I didn't dare go to visitation with the kids and get them sick but I did go up yesterday and once today. I hate that they were sitting in their beds for those 2 full days when I couldn't go up there. They were glad to see me the next day though and enjoyed playing. Micah especially was glad to be HELD and didn't want to be put down. Emma wanted to roll to her heart's content and was very giggly and ticklish.

It's been a rollercoaster of a week between being sick and Mike heading home (he is home safely, by the way, and Kristopher and Brianna are very glad to have their Daddy home!). Things are going better now though and I'm hoping to be back in the swing of things tomorrow.

I have no idea how I would be surviving if it wasn't for this WONDERFUL Christian American family that moved in with me the day that Mike left. They not only put up with me but also bought me meds when I was home dying and finally got a medicine name from my facilitator. They have been so great and I seriously don't know what I'd do if I was here alone all this time, especially having been sick. Dave and Beverly's kids and Bev's brother joined us on Friday morning (daughter Neely is 11, son JohnHunt is 8, and her brother is Gary). It has been a busy household but fun as well. Much better than sitting around an empty apartment by myself!! I am forever grateful for their generosity and welcoming spirit because that really has gotten me through. They will head out on Tuesday or Wednesday and then Natalia (my facilitator) will be back on Thursday to complete our adoption paperwork.

17 comments:

  1. I am glad you had some help! Hopefully the time will pass very quickly.

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. im glad your getting better
    im sure anyone who speeks english and knows what you are going threw is a huge help!
    think of the positives you soon will be able to bring your 2 new children home and thay will be able to get the medical thay need and thay will have a home!
    i pray for you daily

    Krissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so that's why you haven't updated. I was worrying about you. I'm thankful too- the Lord provided companionship for you in what could have been a very dark and lonely time. I can't wait to see you back home safe and sound with your two new additions!
    Charissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you have people there with you while you wait! That was the only thing that made that very long 10 days easier for me. I hope you're feeling better.
    I was so glad to hear that you are flying back to Kiev with the kids. That's what I did with Xander(we flew out of Dontesk) and it was so much better than the train!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you, Meredith. I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend.
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure praying for you, Meredith!

    Karen S. RR

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Meredith, I am so sorry to hear that you are sick! Thankful for the kindness of others though. I am also thankful for Mike's safe return home- I have been thinking of him. Love on your babies for us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you were sick. I got to help with KAD Thursday and got to spend some time with Kristopher.I hate you being over there without Mike. Can't wait till you are here. I spoke to Becky G today. I hope you can get things in order soon enough for her to come and help you get home. Glad you are better. I was worried when you hadn't posted since Mike left. Lots of love and prayers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you are feeling better. It is a hugh help having a family there with you especially when you are not feeling well.

    Kristopher and Brianna are so happy to have Daddy home!!!

    They are getting to spend some quality time with dad this weekend.
    Good luck with your paperwork next week.

    Love,
    Mom & Dad Cornish

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meredith, we are so relieved to hear that you are (mostly) alright! Very sorry to hear you haven't been well. We will pray that you will be over whatever it was completely and that the Lord will protect the two newest Cornish's from catching anything!

    How long after your paperwork until you get to go home?

    Blessings to you and to Mike and the kids at home!

    William & Lu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are on the mend and you had friends while you were ill. I am glad too that Natalia is coming to be with you soon. Hugs from the other side of the planet on your Kristopher's special day. Love, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you feel better. What a blessing to have that other family. Since I will most likely be traveling on my own for the second trip, I am paying extra attention to your blog now that you are going it alone. Hope you finish your adoption with Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meredith,
    I was wondering how you are doing. Please know I am definitely praying for you. I am so sorry you have been sick but thankful for friends to help. It IS tougher with husbands gone, huh? God has promised to be husband and father, even when just temporary.
    Love, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Kristopher!

    Glad you're feeling better. Thursday will be here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to leave you a word of encouragement. Hope you're feeling better! You are such an inspiration to me and my family. By the way, our son with ds is 15 and working at grade level with his peers. Keep plugging away--you're doing great with yours! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meredith,
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. What a beautiful family and I am so blessed that you share them with me! I wish you good health and many blessings as you all continue this journey. We are here for you!
    Love, Terri Greenwell

    Happy Birthday to Kristopher! I can't believe it! :)

    ReplyDelete