Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's official- Gifts II

Yay! I submitted a story for the book Gifts II and got the confirmation last night that it will be included in the book! I can't publish the story here until after the book is released in late 2009/early 2010, but you all have heard it over and over again as it's the story of our journey to and through adoption then home again :)

This is my first time being published and I think it's really neat! Of course it will be a while before the book is released, but I'll post again in... a year... when it's for sale!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's so awesome! Let us know as soon as the book comes out so that we can buy it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can't wait to get the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! It's going to be a fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! my little sister started having her poetry published when she was just 11 and we have lots of the books she's been included in... i'll never forget when she got that first notice!!!!! so exciting! i'm sure your story will be a blessing to those who haven't heard it yet, just as it's been a blessing to me and so many others. :-)

    - michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That's just great - it's not easy to get published these days, but you write so well and your story is so compelling - no wonder that your submission was accepted so promptly! I am elated for you!

    Now, go out and celebrate (or stay home and celebrate. Just be sure to celebrate, in whatever way works best and is happiest for you!)

    Susan in Ky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow congratulations Meredith! You have such an amazing and inspiring story. I am so glad others will have the oportunity to hear it.

    ReplyDelete