Monday, March 21, 2011

Food!

Today I brought Lynae to the doctor for her 18 month checkup. She's still a little peanut, weighing in at 18 lbs 13 oz, but she is healthy and doing well! We tested her hemoglobin levels as well and they are at the low end of normal, but they are normal! Which is great!

After that little adventure we went to the grocery store since we were only two and my mom was home with two more. I got dinners for the week and refreshed our supply of milk (6 gallons).

When I got home, I started in cooking dinners for the week. I realized this past week that when I don't cook ahead, I dont cook... So last week, I didn't do so good cooking. In fact, we ordered out several times, ate frozen meals a few times, and we ate leftovers the rrest of the week!

So, today I made a meatloaf which hopefully will make two dinners this week. I also missed out on corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's day so I made a corned beef brisket as well. Some steamed carrots and a big pot of pasta (which oops got over cooked!) are ready and I have a cabbage ready for the night we have that for supper.

That should be 5 dinners this week! Now I only have to put together one or two meals, since Mike has softball on Friday and we'll probably grab food on our way out there this week. If we actually make it out :)

Off to pick up kids from school!

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same, if I don't make it in advance, then I don't make it at all! Actually, I'm not much good at planning and cooking in advance either, so will need to take a leaf out of your book and get organised. Your week's ready dinners sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete