Thursday, October 08, 2009

SICK

Micah's been running 102 for 3 days now. Last evening I called to get an appointment for him this morning. Michael very sweetly took some sick time and brought him in so Lynae wouldn't have to go in to the dr's office. Plus, Micah isn't exactly the most "cooperative" child at the doctor, so she inevitably would have been exposed to his germs and many others.

Micah has Strep.

Again.

All 3 little ones had it just 8 weeks ago! I really thought he had the flu but I'm actually glad I'm wrong-- miserable as strep is.

Unfortunately, Mike forgot the school note for Micah and he's missed 3 days of school... so after Emma's therapy I was already half way to the doctor's office and drove down to get the note. But at therapy the PT mentioned Emma's voice sounded a little hoarse. Like she'd been yelling. (or, like she was sick?) So after I'd gotten Emma into her wheelchair and had Lynae in my arms I thought... Yes... I should... and I grabbed my sling and the diaper bag and headed on in. And asked that Emma be tested too if I could while I was there.

And Emma has strep.

Again.

The doctor took pity on me with a newborn in a sling (covered head to toe to avoid any germs and she was AWESOME and never fussed... she likes the Baby K'Tan!) and a 6 yr old in a wheelchair and the 5 and 3 yr olds at home with different grandmas and having just seen Micah in the morning and knowing that all 3 kids got it 'together' last time... he wrote me a script for Brianna as well.

Antibiotics here we come.

But I will say it made me feel better when he said "it's a good thing you brought her in, she has strep too" so I didn't feel like just the paranoid mom that shows up at 4:20 in the afternoon and says "while I'm here will you see her?" Because I really was questioning myself. But mom knows. Sometimes. Kinda. Well... at least I knew that if Micah had it, the other 2 probably do as well.

Off to snuggle some sick kids and get them in bed. Once Mike and K get back with the antibiotics anyway...

5 comments:

  1. Bless their little hearts!! I hope those antibiotics kick in real fast, Meredith!
    :-)
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor babies! I hope you don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH!! Prayers, hope they get over this quickly and don't pass it on to anyone else now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably already know this, but I thought I'd leave a comment anyways - throw out their toothbrushes when they get strep, and then throw them out again after done with antibiotics. Otherwise it may keep coming back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor babies. We are battling the flu here. I have been somewhat wondering if 2 of them have strep though.

    Hope everyone recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete