Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 20th- Who do I want to be?

I want to live my life by a different standard than the world puts forth. We're told to fit in, to be a leader, to strive for perfection, never fail, step on those you need to to get to the top, lie if it fits you and it's easier than admitting defeat... It goes on and on...

I've been thinking about this all day today. And really much of the night last night as well. I don't want to just fit in, I don't want anyone to see me as attempting to be perfect. I don't want to step on others or lie to make the circumstances more 'comfortable' for myself.

No, instead I want to live my life in a way that is set apart from the 'norm' and where people cannot help but notice that there is something more than ME driving my life.

I want to live my life in a way that even a passing conversation is an opportunity for someone to learn more about God's love.

I want to live my life in a way that my humanity and failures are not overlooked, but with honesty and sincerity I make right with those I've wronged and admit to my mistakes.

I want to live my life in a way that exemplifies Christ in every area.

I want to live my life in a way that I don't put boundaries on God or what He can do through me and my family.

I want to live my life in a way that the answer is "yes, God," no matter the question.

And when I cannot handle something that comes my way, I want to live my life in a way that there is NEVER a question that GOD CAN.

Who do you want to be?

4 comments:

  1. I want to be exactly what you have described. Thanks for making it so clear.

    Blessings,

    Jolie

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the weight of all my dreams
    Is resting heavy on my head,
    And the thoughtful words of health and hope
    Have all been nicely said.

    But I’m still hurting,
    Wondering if I’ll ever be
    The one I think I am.

    I think I am.

    Then you gently re-remind me
    That you’ve made me from the first,
    And the more I try to be the best
    The more I get the worst.

    And I realize the good in me,
    Is only there because of who you are.

    Who you are...

    And all I ever have to be
    Is what you’ve made me.
    Any more or less would be a step
    Out of your plan.

    As you daily recreate me,
    Help me always keep in mind
    That I only have to do
    What I can find.

    And all I ever have to be
    All I have to be
    All I ever have to be
    Is what you’ve made me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know when I was reading your post one thought I had was, you don't need to worry about fitting in, because at this point, your family is WAY beyond THAT! LOL

    But seriously, as people who desire to follow after Jesus and live a life that gently says to the people around us that 'God Can', I should think we should feel troubled if our lives fit the mold of what is acceptable, eh?

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for putting words to what Ive been going through the past few years. its so hard to be wrestling with a vision or a goal and feeling like you are getting nowhere due to the red tape of adoption. We have such a vision of what we feel called to do and I am fighting that restless that comes with mins, days, weeks, months, years ticking by. To see other families bringing their reeces rainbow babies home or domestically adopted little ones while we sit here waiting and she is in an orphanage waiting. I have to know that I am right where God wants me. I have to keep trusting His plan and know that even tho I cant see Him He is working. ANd I have to remember that each day I am making choices, each conversation I am choosing to focus on Him and refelct him. Even tho I "feel" like I am not getting anywhere fast, He is still working through me.

    ReplyDelete