It's been a busy week and I'm leaving in just a few hours to head back to Ukraine! My good friend, Chris, is traveling with me and will help wrangle the kids on our way home through 24+ hours of air travel.
This week has brought all kinds of things...
- Setting up bedrooms for our new arrivals
- Washing clothes and reorganizing the 'closet' room for the new little ones
- getting Brianna wearing underwear ALL the time
- Packing and repacking to get 4 people worth of stuff into 2 bags weighing less than 50 lbs each to go to UA (I already have to pay $50 each for my strollers to come with me, which I'm not really happy about but you do what you've got to... but seriously, the strollers together didn't cost $100...)
- Christmas program at our church (I shared our testimony in it on Friday, Michael will be tonight)
- Laying on the floor to play with all the kids
- Setting up the Christmas tree and decorating it with the family (SO glad we bought that prelit tree a year or two ago!)
- Getting the last of Christmas gifts for family prepared for so it can be wrapped while I'm gone
- Making up the teacher gifts and classroom goodies (you know, sanitizer, wipes, batteries, etc...) and sending those off to school along with each classroom's "request" for their Christmas parties
- making a gingerbread 'village' with Kristopher complete with gumdrops and sprinkles
- Setting up 2 weeks worth of clothes for all the kids so Mike doesn't have to while I'm gone
- Shopping at Sam's to provide dinner for 2 weeks and lunches for Mike so-- again-- I can leave with some peace-of-mind (tho I know he can fend for himself and keep the kids going too!)
- Getting three new stockings! For our 3 little ones that will have their first Christmas at home this year!! We now have TEN stockings hanging up in the family room and I love it :)
I'm sure there was a lot more happening, but wow, I need to get off and keep working on getting things settled so I can LEAVE! Chris will be here in about 2 hours and then we're off for one more "adventure of a lifetime" as we go to Germany then Kiev and finally come home with my two sweet babies!
I promise to post more while we travel than I have since being home! :)