Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's Tuesday!

Wow, this past week has FLOWN by!  In just 48 hours I'll be finishing up the day's activities and spending the last afternoon iwth my kids for a week!  I don't leave them often and I am going to miss them all!  Not only that, but I have a good 12 hour day of driving to put in between now and then, so that's even less time that I have with the kids and to get stuff DONE.  And to spend with Michael too, of course!

So, what am I doing right now?  I'm sitting outside on this BEAUTIFUL fall day after driving through Sonic for my Shelley-recommended-half-price-slushies for the kids (can't beat $0.50!) and watching them ride their bikes and push toys up and down the driveway.  I'm picking acorns out of Lynae's mouth, telling James to quit stealing Brianna's straw, and reminding Kristopher to SHARE.  I'm watching Emma figure out the ride on toy (She has mastered forward and backward!) and telling Micah not to take the toy that Lynae has.  I'm sittin in the shade under the huge oak trees in the front yard enjoying my kids.  What a perfect way to spend thee afternoon!

And, I have my trusty companion by my side, my laptop.  It is helping me to figure out exactly what needs to happen between now and Thursday night so that I can leave for the airport at 4:30 in the morning on Friday.  With my kids all ready for a week without me.  With my house running smoothly and organized and clean.  With a schedule for the kids and plans for their routines that I usually do.  With my dossier complete and ready and packed safely with me.  With everything that I need for a week of 'business' visiting in Ukraine.  With things for "Monroe" just in case I get to meet him.  With gifts and supplies for the orphanages and the special needs schools that we'll be visiting.  With gifts for the people that will be helping us along the way.  With the technology we need to be able to keep up and share all the neat things we're doing there with you all back home.  With bills paid, lunches prepaid, diapers restocked, refrigerator full, and bank account accessible.  With my passport (which I haven't packed) and that sort of important stuff.  And with a lot of prayers behind me and ahead of me and right there with me.  And with my family, and the families and children that we'll be interacting along the way and when we get there.

Whew... back to my list...


Join our Vacation Give-Away! CLICK HERE

2 comments:

  1. You have a precious family! I enjoyed your montage of James--what a sweet little boy! I hope you have a wonderful trip and that you get to meet your newest son too! What a blessing for him to be a part of such a neat family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got it all together! I hope you get to see "Monroe!"

    ReplyDelete