Friday, February 06, 2009

Don't believe it :)

On days when you have ZERO plans and think- I'm going to clean the house, rearrange furniture, get the paperwork done that's been waiting for weeks or months to do so, and go grocery shopping... don't believe it.

Today we were able to sleep in just a little bit after getting Brianna out of her bed to wander back and forth between the bedrooms and talk with everyone. She initially came to our bed but then went to visit K and eventually E and M. Then K went to his room to entertain Micah by singing his own lovely almost-5 year old version of the Star Spangled Banner... It was very cute to listen to on the monitor :)

But this morning we didn't get much of anything done after all. The kids have been playing mostly nicely and I've gone through some piles of papers to get them into 'needs attention' and 'file away' piles... Ah... the many piles of paperwork... If we could do without paperwork I'd be a happy camper!!

I still haven't grocery shopped either, so it looks like that will have to wait until after naptime today. Mike's going to have to work late to install a new part in a computer system that's being delivered at 4pm, so after the kids are up we'll have plenty of time for a grocery run before he is home for the evening.

Yesterday when I was sitting outside in the car with Emma feeding her a biscuit from McDonald's as we finished our errands and then were on our way to PT, I got a phone call from a friend at church. She basically said that we were on her mind and she wanted to make supper for us. I wasn't sure what to say, but I've learned that when people feel like God's put something on their heart, I should say "thank you" instead of "thanks anyway" :) Around 5pm I called her that we'd rescheduled the photos and Mike picked up supper from her on his way home from work. By that point in the day I was very, very glad to have this surprise blessing! She'd made a cheese ravioli with spaghetti/sausage/cheese sauce on the side with green beans and bread rolls. The three kids that eat :) all ate it well and Mike and I enjoyed it as well. In fact, I believe there's one serving left which I'll have for lunch!

But, she didn't just do that. She actually made us a chicken pot pie to reheat later in the weekend/week! I surely don't expect people to step in to do special things for us. It is a blessing to be the recipient of acts of kindness- Thank you, Karen, for dinner! I do believe we'll be having chicken pot pie for dinner tonight or tomorrow :)

7 comments:

  1. Drooling in Ukraine...went to buy chicken at the supermarket and the entire meat section was empty! I was told they pull the meat and repack them and relable them so they haven't "expired" yet! Nice huh! Enjoy the pot pie for me too! :)
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have great friends like you do Meredith :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't help when you have to answer frantic emails all day either, does it? ;) LOL

    Thanks for the help!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are blessed to have such great friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meredith, I always enjoy your blog. I just read the overviews of Emma and Micah this past year. Wow!
    I do hope you get feeling better soon.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's so nice of your caring friend to make dinner...and another dinner! God blesses us in the most wonderful of ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha... I love how at the beginning of this post you threw 'rearrange furniture' into that list! So I'm glad I'm not the only one who considers rearranging furniture a productive day! :)

    ReplyDelete