Friday, March 05, 2010

Sometimes it makes sense

Someone posted to the RR group about being overwhelmed and whether they were alone in that. I really thought about that and wrote down what came to mind as my reply...

Overwhelmed some days is a good way to get back to our knees, right?? :) I often think "Ok, God, you got my attention!" when my kids are misbehaving and I realize that I've not responded how I should have. I also know VERY well that God will give us more than we can handle... ALONE.

But sometimes that extra pressure from a whiney child is just what we need to turn back to God and look back at what we're doing and why...

I have 5 kids ages 7,6,4,3, and 5 months. Yesterday we were matched with another 3 yr old. 3 of my kids have Ds and so does the new little one. New little guy will make 3 non walkers and 5 in diapers. I'm not exactly sure what God's plans are but I know that His plans are not our own an His grace is sufficient!!

So my advice is just to keep walking, one step at a time, and don't forget that when you fall down, your knees aren't such a bad place to be...

I hope I can remember that as each day goes on!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent. I need to post this on my mirror... and I'm so excited for you as you welcome your new little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being matched up with the little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I print this post? It's exactly what I needed to hear today and I thought I could put it near my going places in the house to encourage me. Thank you Meredith.

    ReplyDelete