- Called CMS to ask them whether the enrollment for medicaid for the 3 kids should be done with their "plan" and how that works.
- Talked to the 'nurse' who began explaining then decided he didn't understand it himself when I asked a question
- Talked to a financial assistant person who told me that most likely medicaid won't actually help us any because it won't pay a coinsurance or copayment that our private insurance leaves us with. Next year it would help cover our deductible (but we've almost met that already).
- Also learned in the last few days that our primary physician and the ENT that we see won't even bill medicaid as a secondary, so those costs would come to us anyway (even for the deductible).
- Financial person said she didn't know the answers to (most of) my questions either and took my name and # to call me back... sometime.
- Called Medicaid as the CMS financial person told me to do and they said it is not marked that we have a private insurance. She says we have to call social security to get them to mark or not mark that we have a private insurance...
- Medicaid representative went through all 3 children's files and marked them that I'd called and I'm calling SS.
- Called SS who said that she had nothing to do with our insurance and she doesn't have a way to access that system or anything else. They only know that we're eligible because of her. That's all!
- Attempted to call back medicaid but got a busy signal on 3 different occasions.
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
So far today
I've spun around in circles...
Written by Meredith at 3/09/2010 12:13:00 PM