Friday, March 26, 2010

Loose

Not loose as in "got away from me" and not as in "premiscuous". No, this would be loose as in the kind that makes everyone run for cover when the diaper is unleashed.

This morning I took Micah to the doctor for the loose stools he's been having for the past 3 weeks or so. ENT thought it residual from his surgery, but it's gone on too long.

I can honestly say I've never had to deal with stool samples before, but the past few weeks I have been very grateful for disposeable diapers!

Thankfully everyone else is well and micah is still happy and pleasant amist the stench :)

5 comments:

  1. time to open the windows! I know I am wierd I will be the first to admit it, but I loved when my kids were in diapers(I had lots of pretty cloth) but I do not miss diaper explosions at all. although I have to admit a diaper explosion is better than an already trained something terrible happened down their legs and into their shoes explosion lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! yes, gotta be thankful for disposable diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh....We have that problem with our 2 year old twins and have since the day they were born! And getting samples is not much fun at all. We tried cloth on them but it was too much. So far they think they have a milk allergy but we are not convinced! Try potty training on a lil one like that....

    Hoping it s not nothing to worry about for lil Micah, do they think it might be an allergy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little guy went through that at around 2 years old. They did lots of cultures, and they eventually just dubbed it "Toddler Diarrhea," which, when you google it, is common. Hopefully that's what is going on with your sweet heart. When I had to give a stool sample, I just took his diaper to the lab and dropped it off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my least favorite part of post-adoption. It seems nearly impossible to explain to newly adopted kiddos why they need to poop in a "bucket" and mama then needs to scoop it out. Since none of mine have been in diapers it has been difficult. Not looking forward to that again! :)

    ReplyDelete