Monday, February 18, 2008

Two new Cornishes!

we are now a family of 6! We can get the court documents on Feb 29th- leap day. Tomorrow Emma Hope will celebrate her first birthday with a family when she turns five! And Micah Daniel will be 18 months old on the 10th of March. I'm hoping to celebrate that at HOME!

The 10 days weren't even brought up in the court proceeding as our facilitator wasn't in the room and that would be her place to mention. She opted to stay outside because there weren't enough chairs. Lots of questions about our family, home, income, jobs, but all expected. The judge asked me how I feel about the new children and after I answered he stared at me... um... is that odd? Anyway, so I said more... then more... finally that was enough I guess! I told about how they are very sweet, loving, we've enjoyed playing with them, they have changed a lot in the little time since we met them and we are looking forward to seeing the potential that they will have as they learn and grow.

They stuck Mike with all the rest of the questions and he did well with the "why are you in Ukraine" and "why not more biological children" questions.

Mike will leave for Kiev tonight on the 10pm train. He'll arrive around 10 tomorrow morning in Kiev and do his paperwork at the US Embassy. Then he'll spend a night at the Bed and Breakfast in Kiev with our friends we came through with the first time and begin his flights home at 6:50am on Wednesday.

As I type here I think I'm being harassed by an 8 yr old but I have no idea because I can't tell a thing he's saying... Life is good! LOL

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cornish family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news Meredith! I am bummed that the 10 days wasn't brought up but I am so thankful it went smoothly..So you'll be able to head home the first week of March? That is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that the court date went well. What a great birthday present to Emma to have a new family! I just can't wait to see how fast they thrive and grow when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy for all of you. These 10 days will go really fast and you will be home with all 4 of your children. Congratulations mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Meredith and Mike!!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the family little ones love, grandmommy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Life...what a wonderful birthday present for Emma! Bless you for following the Lord's leading!

    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

    Blessings,
    Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Looking forward to seeing our new grandchildren!!!

    Love,
    Mom & Dad Cornish

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES!! Finally they are yours! How exciting they celebrate their birthdays with a family. I am so glad they did not question adopting two special needs children at once.
    Now hurry up and come home!
    Amy O.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm rejoicing with all of you! Blessings to your entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy for you both, sorry about the ten days.. but we know there must be a reason for that.
    Have fun mom and dad of 4!!
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Blessed News!!! I'm sorry the 10 day didn't happen though, was really hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful and amazing news, happy brithday to sweet Emma tomorrow.

    Kris and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must add my congratulations here! I am so happy for you guys.

    Also wanted you to know that Caleb left the orphanage wearing the jeans, white long-sleeve T, sweater, socks, shoes and coat from you guys. So you were part of our big day, too. (I did have to get some other shoes because these were small--maybe your little guy can wear them?) Thanks and God bless. Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. i want to see some picsof them leaving the orphange for last time!!!!!!!
    CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!! I am so happy for all of you.
    Happy Birthday to sweet, little Emma!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to all of you!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  18. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!CORNISH FAMILY. YOU HAVE HAD A BIG JOURNEY.YOU TWO ARE VERY AMAZING. THANKS FOR LETTING US FOLLOW YOUR JOURNEY. THE CAMPBELL FAMILY,JODY

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Cornish family of six!!
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! I can't wait to see you both again and meet the kids.

    ReplyDelete