Sunday, January 06, 2008

Secret #1 revealed :)

Ok, so the past few days I've received comments that say the country we're traveling to and I've had to delete them because we haven't been posting our country (but I completely understand how difficult it is for my fellow-adopting-parents to remember who is posting what! No problem!) Anyway... as a celebration of our approaching travel date (and the absense of any more necessity for privacy in this area) I thought that I would finally post the country that we are traveling to... It is the Eastern European country of Ukraine :)

Here are a few facts about Ukraine:
Population: 47,110,000
Capital: Kiev; 2,618,000
Area: 603,700 square kilometers (233,090 square miles)
Language: Ukrainian, Russian, Romanian, Polish, Hungarian
Religion: Ukrainian Orthodox, Ukrainian Catholic (Uniate), Protestant, Jewish Currency: hryvnia
Life Expectancy: 68
GDP per Capita: U.S. $4,500

2 comments: