Tuesday, January 29, 2008

01-28-2008 8:00pm Kiev

Well, it’s done. We were able to cancel the adoption of Sasha- not without its bumps- but it is done now. There’s a fine line between encouraging someone to press on and trying to drag something out. I think we’re on it, but decided we are definite in our direction now and will work on convincing the director to release Sasha (and other children) from a little more distance.
It was a LONG drive back to Kiev and we are both exhausted now. My head is stuffed up, my ears too, and my neck aches. I didn’t sleep much at all last night but I’m looking forward to a good night’s sleep tonight. We are staying with a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend that does a bed and breakfast type of setup in her home. The apartment (it can hardly be called an apartment) is beautiful with hardwood floors, very modern and yet cozy, clean, and comfy. We will enjoy being here this week. Most of all, there is REAL toilet paper, we will be served breakfast (haven’t had breakfast in almost a week), and the bed is SOFT (no springs in your spine like the last two places!). We are abundantly blessed! It’s like our own little piece of America with a Ukrainian twist ;).
Irina (the woman whose house we are staying in) has also invited us to use their Internet and Vonage phone (free calling to the US) so we are being very well accommodated! We can give updates and maybe even call our kiddos if we can find a time we know they’ll be at home. I miss their little voices and especially their smiles, hugs, and snuggles.

7 comments:

  1. Hang in there guys! I hate when I get "stress sick". I will pray you get over whatever you have starting before you have to fly. Thank you Lord, for the blessing of a comfy place to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to know you're being well taken care of. God is so good to provide this place just when you need it most. I'm praying for your health to improve, good rest for you both... and whatever else God has in store for your time in Ukraine. It's good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you all. Please get some rest so you will feel better. Glad to hear that you are in a comfort zone now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made it back to civilization!! I hope you get an appointment this week for your children. Rest, regroup, recharge and prayers when you are ready to go again, things go very well.
    Amy O

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great that you are now able to move forward and are in a comfortable environment. Hopefully you will get to stay there for a while.

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is with you both. I am sure Irina will take good care of you. My experiences in Slavic countries have all found loving, gracious people. I have kept you in my prayers from the beginning and will continue to do so. You are in my sons' prayers at night, a well. God has His plans for all of us while he cradles us in His palm. Rest now, enjoy some peace and comfort. Thank you for sharing. deanie and the boyz

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you are staying in a nice place, it is comforting to know you are being taken care of! I eagerly await the next chapter in your adoption journey.

    Our best to you.

    Kris and Tom

    RR

    ReplyDelete