We are grieving. Grieving because there seems little hope that Sasha will be ours. Sasha is not gone to us yet- there is one last thing we are trying- but if that doesn’t work than we will not be able to adopt Sasha. The good news is that there IS one more thing… it will not change the temperament of the director, but maybe his decision to support us or not. There is a call in to the SDA to intervene.
At the moment we do not have his permission or signature to adopt Sasha. His statement (translated) was that we CANNOT establish an “initial contact” with her because she is non-verbal. How can we know. My response? How can an infant know? Or a young toddler? But I wasn’t given the chance to ask. We will see what the SDA is able to do… and then we will take it one step at a time after that. PLEASE pray. Sasha is in a good place. She is cared for and well kept. She is happy and healthy. But she has no family, no REAL love, and her ability to grow and learn are very stunted in her placement. If we HAVE to walk away, we know she is ok. But we are praying that this will not be the case. She needs to come home.