Saturday, October 06, 2007

Priceless

Today I took the kids and went to garage sales with my parents. Although I'd planned to let Aleksa be in the toddler bed when she arrives (since it's similar to what she's been sleeping in), I went ahead and bought a twin and we'll decide which bed gets stored. It's a light-maple daybed that has sleigh type sides on it. It matchs the crib, toddler bed, and changing table that we already have. Since Brianna and Aleksa will be sharing a room all their furniture will match! And what's somewhat ironic is that even though the house we bought it at is nowhere I've been before, my MIL and FIL were running the garage sale (he's a Realtor and listing the house) and the bed we bought previously belonged to Mike's Aunt L. and her daughter!

Then at Wal-Mart on clearance was a plain pink sheet set which of course called my name! And Kristopher picked out a lunchbox on clearance that has Backyardigans on it and said he wanted to buy it for Aleksa. So I conceded (after all, he wanted it for someone else! LOL) and Aleksa now has a new lunch box as well.

Twin Daybed: $25
Pink Sheets: $11
Backyardigans Lunch Box: $4
The glow on K's face when he chose something for his new sister: Priceless

2 comments:

  1. How sweet. I was blessed when Hope picked out a beautiful pink and black velvet dress at the Goodwill the other day (her size) and said, "Mommy, let's buy this for Ava." I didn't, because it was $9.99....I'm sorry, but no piece of clothing at the Goodwill should ever be priced $9.99---although it was a beautiful dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love those commercials on TV Priceless! cute

    ReplyDelete