Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One month to live

Live each day like it's your last! That's the campaign that our church is just finishing up and I must say it has been really good!

But in our lives, I know we're not living like it's our last. Because we wouldn't be adopting more children, taking in other kids for respite, and living in the way we do if we were sure there wouldn't be a tomorrow (not to be confused with being sure there IS a tomorrow, because we're never assured of that...).

I thought about it a while, and I think that rather than living each day like it's my last, I have a different drive in my days. Each day I want to build on to the ones before and head toward the ones that come next. I want to touch the lives I'm supposed to touch and be still when I need to be still. I want to say YES and follow God no matter what sacrifice He might ask of me. I want to be His light here, and share him unsparingly. And more than anything... I want to BUILD the 'legacy' but not for what it will look like for my name. Rather, who might remember Christ's name because He used us.

So, I put it this way...
"Live each day like it's your last" has many great, VALID, ideas in it... but for me, I want to Live each day like it has purpose for tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. Great post Meredith! I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it fits quite well with your sayigng yes to God. We should be ready for this day to be our last if that's what God has planned but at the same time live as though he's planned many more days for us.
    I think living each day as if it's your last really means appreciate each moment and make it precious

    ReplyDelete