Tuesday, August 18, 2009

No sleep

Ever have those nights where you get started a bit later than intended on heading to bed... but then you get to bed and start to fall asleep and realize you just CAN'T SLEEP? Last night our A/C said it was about the same as all other nights... and yet I was soooo hot. I had been hot before while doing the Ukraine chat but went to bed and it was just unbearable. I turned the fan on HIGH. I turned the A/C down a few degrees... I tried going to the couch in the other room. Nothing. Finally I brought my pillow out to the porch, turned on the A/C (after readjusting the house one back up) and set it COLD. I laid down on those big foam mats and with my upper-body on a beanbag chair and I fell asleep. At 12:35. Mike got home (and scared the crud out of me!) a little later. He'd had his LAST CLASS for his Master's program that night and then went out with the class to celebrate at the Cheesecake Factory (professor's treat, wasn't that nice?).

By that time I'd cooled off some and went back to bed and was able to go back to our bed a short time later. But I still couldn't get comfortable and got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep. 6am came EARLY. Actually, 5:30 when Brianna woke up (Mike got up with her tho!).

1 comment:

  1. It's that little bundle of joy cooking in your tummy!! Almost ready, though!!!

    ReplyDelete