Saturday, August 15, 2009

Last night

I went to bed to lay down 'for a bit' at 6:30. I woke up once because, let's face it, you can't sleep more than 2 hours without going to the bathroom at 8+ mos pregnant :) Then at 10:20 I heard Mike come in. Oops... Guess I needed the sleep! He was getting ready for bed, doing things, whatever, he started the dryer and I got up to make it so it wouldn't buzz and keep tumbling all night long, turned off the fan in the room we were no longer in... all those good things... and I finally fell back asleep sometime after 11 I think. Then at 3 I woke up... to go to the bathroom. Then the baby monitor started acting up. Another hour I was awake due to this and that which needed attention at 3:30 in the morning. 5:50 Micah was awake. Emma was playing with the blinds in her room. Brianna saw me and shouted "Mommy!!" as I left there with Micah under one arm to put him in the playpen so maybe Emma would go back to sleep. I gave her some books to play with anyway and Bria was quiet.

By 6:15 K was up, E was talking, M was jabbering with K because they were both in the living room now, and B started banging the bunk bed ladder. Guess there's no sleeping until a decent hour today.

So technically it was 11 1/2 hours between when I went to bed and when the kids started getting up. Except I only got 9 hours of sleep. Not a bad amount of sleep, and definitely much more than I usually get. But there's no way I can just go to bed at 6:30 every night in order to get enough sleep!! After all... the kids don't even go to bed until 7 or 7:30!

And, can anyone tell me why it is that when the kids go to bed at 7:30 they get up at 7:30. Kristopher went to bed at 8 and would get up at 7 or 7:30. But when they go to bed at 7... they get up at 6:15??? I don't see how this works. If they can't get up earlier than 7:30 when they go to bed at 7:30... why is it that 30 min earlier bedtime makes over an HOUR earlier in wake time??? (especially on Saturday... they haven't been up that early the rest of the week!)

6 comments:

  1. And tell my why it is when they do not get their naps and still go to bed at regular time they get up an hour earlier than normal. SOmehow, it just doesn't seem fair.

    Not too long now until you get even less sleep, if that is possible. They are just preparing you. Nice of them to think of you like that.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a conspiracy against parents!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. or you let them stay up late,very late and the later you let them stay up the earlier they get up in the morning. that makes NO SENSE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please fill the rest of us in when you find the answer!
    I have wondered that for YEARS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or, why when you put them to bed a half hour later, they still wake up too early. doh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of those great parenting mysteries!

    I just wanted to share with you a website that I found a while ago when my little girl was still in Pull-ups... knowing that you are going to have another one in diapers soon :)...
    its called caregiversmarketplace - dot - com... you save your receipts from certain products - diapers, pull ups etc and you get rebates back. I have actually used it - and it worked... I just thought that I would share with you!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete