Sunday, March 22, 2009

Some awards to pass on...

When life gives you lemons...
image
Thank you Amy and Jill for sending this award on to me!  Sometimes life isn't all we imagine it can be, but God's way is the best way and I am learning that first hand :)  Plus, I love lemonade :)
Here are the rules...
Put the logo on your blog or post.
Nominate at least 5 blogs that show attitude and/or gratitude.
Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
Let them know they have received this award by commenting on a post.
Nominate your favorites and link to this blog
Today I'm going to stick with categories.  This one is for all those parents that have a biological child with a disability and have taken that 'lemon' of a diagnosis and turned it in to lemonade by deciding to change the life of another child with disabilities through adoption.  So, all you mommas, claim your award!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Awarding my Best Friends
image
Thanks Lu!  I've missed our chats here recently, I'm glad to hear you're mending well though. 
The rules of this award are to pass it to ten friends!
For this one I want to pass it on to everyone that comments on my blog.  Whether I know you outside of this arena or not, thanks for being a part of our lives.  So, if you've ever commented here, claim your prize!
*psst, comment on this post and claim it too!  Better late than never ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image
A big thanks to Kris  and Gillian for this award.  Except that now I have to think LOL.  Sorry it took me so long to post it!
Step 1: Respond and rework — answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: Tag - eight other bloggers to do the same.
Here goes, to any and all that would like to answer these 19 questions and can find the time to do it.  YOU ARE TAGGED!  I will enjoy reading them, so link back over to me in the comments so I can check out your answers :)
Here are the questions:
1) What are you wearing right now? A red shirt and jeans.
2) What is your biggest fear? This one's a hard one.  I try so hard not to live in fear, because there's so many things to be fearful of and all it does is rob your joy.  But of course fear can grasp us all!  I don't have a fear for myself right now.  But my biggest fear in general that I have to continuously surrender is the fear of what would happen with our children if Mike and I were to pass away 'early' in life.  I know they're a handful for any one person but I dread seeing them split up.
3) Do you nap a lot? Really?  Is this a joke?  I only nap when my husband is home on a weekend and is able to watch the kids, or if all the kids sleep at the same time during the week.  So no, not very often.  I do try to lay down during 'rest time' for my kids now that I'm more tired with this pregnancy but I rarely actually get a nap.
4) Who is the last person you hugged? Kristopher, Brianna, Micah and Emma as I sent them to bed about 30 minutes ago.  And Mike about 30 min before that when he headed out to the park to do homework.
5) What websites to you visit when you go online?  Right now I'm not on the computer browsing a whole lot.  I visit MSN for weather :)  And Hotmail for my e-mail.  And Facebook on occasion to check up on things there.   And... Google Reader to check in with all my adoptive parents.  Right now I'm not visiting blogs other than RR blogs or forums outside of RR (those come to my e-mail), but usually I'm part of 3 forums for parents of kids with Ds to some degree or another.  ROA is a private forum.  Down Syndrome Journey is a pro-life forum, and Downsyn I pop in on from time to time to say 'hello'.
6) What was the last item you bought? Hmm... Mike and I went out last night and did a little bit of shopping then went out to dinner.  I think dinner was the last thing we bought- Chipotle. YUM :)  But the last actual item I bought was a weird assortment of things from Target including razors and shaving cream, dog treats, socks for Kristopher, and maybe one other thing I can't think of.  Hey, we were in Orlando without the kids...
7) What’s thc last book you read?  I just finished reading "Nick and Slick" which is a self-published book that's about to be picked up by a publishing company.  Mike got it from his professor at school and I really enjoyed it!
8 ) If you could go to the Oscars, who would you want to sit next to? I not only wouldn't care, I probably wouldn't go.  I never was much interested.
9) Has a celebrity’s hair cut ever influenced your own hairstyle? I've had the same "hairstyle" since I was little.  My sister cuts it, usually, and my mom used to.  I've cut it myself a time or two as well.  I'm not even know if you could classify it as a hairstyle because it's pretty much just long and straight.  But it works and stays out of my face.  One day maybe ;)
10) What is one skill you wish you had, but don’t? I would love to be able to.... ???
11) What was the last movie you watched? The Jungle Book.  Animated Disney version :)
12) What is the luckiest thing that ever happened to you?  Not sure I really would call it luck but I'd have to say the best thing would be having a guy like Mike come into my life when I was 15.
13) If you had a whole day to yourself; no work, commitments or interruptions what would you do? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know what to do with myself.  Does this mean no kids and that the house is already clean and organized?? I'd definitely sleep in, eat a late brunch, read a book, take a bath, eat a late lunch of something super-easy or even grab something on the road just for kicks.  If the weather was good I'd go for a swim and take a nap in the hammock.  Then watch a movie with dinner and by then I'd definitely be missing the rest of my family and want to give them all kisses and hugs before they went to bed...
14) Is there a major goal you have that you aven’t yet achieved?  I don't know if they're goals, maybe more like dreams, but I really want to go back to Ukraine and have an audience with some of the orphanage directors where I could share the story of Emma coming to our family and the progress she made in the time since coming home.  I want to teach some practical things that the workers can use to help the children in their care to develop more than they can laying on their backs and encourage them that children with Ds can lead a very happy long and productive life.  I'd love to also meet with the leader of the SDA for one of those chats and encourage her/him to release information about children with Ds so that those children can quickly and easily find homes abroad.  Of course that's a current dream... so many have come and gone... so many more to come I'm sure!
15) Where did you meet your spouse?  Day two of 7th grade.  He had foot surgery so was out day 1 and on day 2 I was the lucky (haha) one to carry his backpack around school since he was on crutches!  We didn't start dating until 10th grade when he again broke his foot and another teacher (different school even) chose me to carry his bag around!
16) What is something that those in blogland might not know about you?  I lived in Franklin, Massachusetts from the time I was 7 weeks old until I was 7 years old, and since that time I've lived in the same house except for 7 years (college/until I bought the house from my parents)
17)What States and Countries have you visited as an adult? States: Hmm.. as an adult.... Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia  Countries: Ukraine, Canada, US of A.
18) What do you do to relieve stress? Write/blog, read, walk, talk, pray
19) If you could change one physical trait about you what would it be? Wow, lots of generic questions then one that's actually kinda personal.  There's plenty of things that could change, but I'm pretty happy with me.  So let's just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment