Friday, March 13, 2009

Random Friday Stuff

At lunch time I made grilled cheese sandwiches and K ate his... Brianna boycotted... and Emma choked on the 3rd bite and after getting her out of her highchair, turning her upside down, pounding on her back and then scooping the food out of the back of her throat I decided she wasn't eating the rest of it. Unfortunately she has no gag reflex and this isn't such an uncommon occurrence. In my attempt to find something else to satisfy a hungry 6 year old little girl I went to the pantry and found a solution. "Tomato soup cup in hand." Microwaved for 30 seconds to make it warm and put into a bottle with a slightly enlarged nipple. Yummy. Tomato soup for lunch. Good to know this works and she liked it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The airshow is going on this weekend and our house is in the flight pattern! So instead of paying per person to go down to the field and bake in the sun for three days, we pull up a blanket outside usually :) This year we did decide to go for one day to the actual show. Kristopher really enjoys it and we're going to take him and Brianna and Micah. I don't think Emma will like the loud noises of it this year, so she's going to pass on it. I have a feeling Micah will sleep through a good portion of it just like he did today too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today while the airshow was starting Kristopher kept covering his ears INSIDE the house... Brianna was copying him and covering her cheeks :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we did go outside, just K, B, and E since M was sleeping, I put down a blanket and gave everyone a cup and some goldfish crackers. Emma actually drank a bottle of juice/water mixed! This is great progress because in the summer time it's important for the kids to get more than just milk to drink and Emma and Brianna generally both just drink milk. Brianna will now drink just about anything out of a fast-food cup so I guess we just need to stock up on those ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While playing outside, toward the end of the show, Brianna ran up onto the sidewalk to the front door and fell on the concrete. She said she was fine, got up and kept going, but when she came back to me she had a nice bloody knee. If she would have left it alone I'd have told her to go play, but silly me pointed it out to her and then she wanted to touch it. I guess it didn't hurt... So a few minutes later we brought the blanket, goldfish crackers, sippy cups, bottle, and my sustaining bottle of Sprite, the house phone, the cell phone, and the baby monitor-- and Emma, Brianna, and Kristopher of course-- back into the house and cleaned up Brianna's knee and put a bandaid on it. I didn't have Neosporin nearby so I'll have to get some on there in a bit. She wanted to keep touching it tho so I went ahead and put a bandaid on anyway to keep her from getting blood all over!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel pretty good today, and I'm so glad to be able to say that! I'm a little over 13 weeks, so I'm hopeful things are going to be getting continuously better as far as that goes :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as my "household chart" goes for this week- my first week trying it- I think it's gone pretty well! I haven't accomplished everything I set forth to do on some days, but most days I've gotten a majority if not everything done. And the important part is that I haven't done it at the expense of time with the kids or sleep or something like that. I only got to one of the three bathrooms yesterday and the day before I didn't mop the goyer. Yesterday I also planned on putting away some of Mike's and my laundry which didn't make it all the way through the wash, so that didn't happen either. And I know for sure that today and tomorrow will likely not "make up" for what I missed earlier in the week, but still, I've gotten more done than I would have without it simply because I saw at the beginning of the day "this is what I'd like to get done today." Sometimes it did... sometimes it didn't... We'll see what happens over the next few weeks and I'll adjust it to show what I'm more likely to get done on different days that I didn't quite accomplish it all this week :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emma likes to sit by me and put her hand on my chest to feel my heartbeat. The past two nights before last night she fell asleep this way on the floor in her bedroom with me because she was awake and wild well past bedtime. She has a new skill and likes to practice it- to our disdain... she is pulling to a stand! Unfortunately, unless she is wearing her knee braces she will likely do damage if she continues to do this. So, we have to discourage it in her crib when she's not braced. The way her knees bend backward when weightbearing is not good! Anyway, Emma has just started putting her hand on my tummy- without prompting- instead of on my chest. I don't know what she's feeling for (generally we thought she was feeling my heartbeat) since there's definitely no movement felt on the outside right now... but it is very sweet nonetheless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I tell Brianna there's a baby in there, she tells me "no" and walks away. LOL She did put her little babydoll on my stomach after I told her this once, though. I guess she was trying to make me feel better about my confusion maybe :)

1 comment:

  1. Just a tip: purchase some ear protection like used for firing ranges or when using lawnmowers, etc... These have come in very handy over the years when attending firework shows, band concerts, parades, etc.... Shelby can not stand loud noices. Oh... she also uses them when traveling so she doesn't have to listen to the others! :)

    ReplyDelete