Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A brand new adventure...

I've learned to live one day at a time.  Not because tomorrow's something to be feared or not to be planned for, but because if you cannot enjoy TODAY, then looking for tomorrow will do no good.


In the same sense, looking out thirty or fifty years is absolutely necessary to plan for our future and for our children, however looking forward 6 months to plan for our immediate is far enough. 


In six months I will be a 30 year old mother of nine with six children with special needs.  That's a wonderful blessing in itself!  In addition I will be the 'lead teacher' for my classroom of seven children ages 3-10, six with special needs.  Yes, those are our very own kids... who we will be homeschooling!  Kristopher will continue traditional school and I have no doubt that in 6 months I will still be a happily married wife to my wonderful husband :).


Six months is enough to look out to.  Looking further than that on a regular basis will make me a bit cross eyed and may begin to hyperventilate!!  


Our homeschooling adventure began this past September with Brianna and will broaden on Monday when 3 more of our children begin their home education.  James, Micah, and Kristopher will finish out this year in public school. 


What a wonderful and FRIGHTENING time this is.  We're so very glad to be walking the path that God's led us on, even if it appears to be along the side of a cliff.  We've walked that cliff-side before and with God's guidance we never have to fear the edge.  


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," said the Lord.  "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future."  


Philippians 4:13  "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."


We've been contemplating this for quite some time.  Now's the time that God said "GO."  He's faithful to provide at the same time, and we have a complete curriculum ready to go thanks to a good friend.  We also have support for upcoming appointments such as field trips for our other children so that we can continue to be active with them while our other kids are adequately cared for.

It's a brand new, scary, and wonderful adventure that God's taking us on.  One day at a time.  Enjoying each moment, but knowing that at the end of a rough day... there's usually a brand new one waiting for us on the other side :)

6 comments:

  1. I love your perspective. :) God certainly does love to increase our faith while walking along side of the cliffs in life. He is always faithful though. I'm homeschooling my whole crew too, so it can be done and can be so rewarding as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HE will provide and guide every step of this journey, just as He has led you to this place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so overwhelming, but so very worth it. For me it requires way more persistence than I expected but I know it is doing so much for my kids. This was definitely the best decision for our family, and I'm sure it will be a good one for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love every moment that home schooling brings because you will experience it with your little ones! We love home schooling !

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! What curriculum are you guys going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ignore those that criticize what God is doing in your life. They don't get it, they can't. Their hearts do not have His Spirit in it and their eyes have been blinded. They called Jesus Beelzebub so we should expect as much it is just proof you are following Christ and so they will criticize you also. We are more than conquerors in Christ.The battle belongs to the Lord so we need not worry or be distressed by their words.

    ReplyDelete