Thursday, February 05, 2009

I never claimed to be God!

Well, last week I planned out a photography experience for our family. We were going to the church at 4:30 and meeting up with a friend who takes wonderful photos. We'd be using Mike's really nice camera that takes decent indoor shots but really nice outdoor ones. I even changed the plans a bit from the prayer garden over to the playground for a more fun, bright, place to do the pictures.

Then God intervened and said "NO!"

And we rescheduled it for Saturday afternoon.

How exactly did God say 'no?' So glad you asked. He gave us an overnight low last night that was in the low 20's, the teens with the windchill. And then a daytime high of just under 50 degrees. I know, I know, not exactly COLD to many of you, but much more than my 4 little Florida babies were going to be outside in for an extended period of time to sit still and take pictures. Also, I didn't want them bundled in jackets and hats for this picture that I'm seeking out so we decided that though I made the plans and got a photographer... I didn't claim to be God and we'll try again on Saturday (with the high in the 70's)!

I can't wait to see how the photos turn out and I'm hopeful we'll get quite a few good ones. We're looking for a good family photo that will be included with my story in the publication of Gifts II that is due to be published in 2010. I'm so grateful that God has allowed me to participate in this book and has given me a story outside of myself to share. He is an awesome God, isn't he?? :)

2 comments:

  1. He is an awesome God. :)

    And I'm looking forward to our projected high around here on Saturday (50).

    ReplyDelete