Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Integrity

I will stand by a person of integrity into the depths of accusations about them, because a person of integrity will share the truth in love and will act upon their knowledge, but will not return with insults or accusations of their accuser.  A person of integrity will be a faithful friend and will return that with faith in you as well.

There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction.
~John F. Kennedy 


When something that I have stood for determines that inaction will be their response to a serious incident, my own integrity is based on my fleeing from their association and severing ties.

Proverbs 16:17
The highway of the upright avoids evil; those who guard their ways preserve their lives.


1 Chronicles 29:17
I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things I have given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you.



I will not defend the reputation of something that cannot show its integrity.  They may defend themselves against their accusers.

I never worry about action, but only inaction.
~Winston Churchill 


I will also not stand among those that make false accusations.


Psalm 27:12
Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, spouting malicious accusations.


In the end, I will uphold this:
Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

I say this all not to pass judgement, because it is NOT my place to do so.  But it is my personal responsibility to stand for what I believe in.

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

2 comments: