Friday, February 18, 2011

What I couldn't know

What I couldn't know when marrying my husband is that we would birth a daughter with disabilities.

What I couldn't know when birthing our daughter is that she would need heart surgery.

What I couldn't know during Brianna's heart surgery is that we would do it all again for another daughter.

What I couldn't know at the beginning of our first adoption is that we would bring home two very different children.

What I couldn't know while in Ukraine the first time is that we would go back and do it all again.

What I couldn't know once home in '08 is that we would have another baby just a year and a half later.

What I couldn't know when having Lynae is that we would begin the adoption process again in 3 months.

What I couldn't know when adopting James is that we would be called overseas again very soon.

What I couldn't know when committing to Wesley is that we would bring home two children.

What I couldn't know when hearing that Aleksa is alive is that she would be in our home just a few months later.

What I couldn't know then, I know now.  And although sometimes we wish we could see into the future and know and prepare for what's to come... I'm so glad I didn't know.  Because I might not have believed that God could sustain us all through it all and bring our beautiful children all to the place we are today.

I'm so thankful for what I couldn't know, and thankful for what I don't know.  I'm thankful that God reveals everything in His timing for the betterment of His children!

1 comment:

  1. Meredith, I'm also very glad not to know things before they happen. I would never have believed I could be where I am today, with my wonderful husband and terrific kids. I'm glad God know's what He has planned and thankful He keeps it to Himself, especially when I think I want to know ;o)

    ReplyDelete