Saturday, November 27, 2010

P.S.

Don't pack a hair dryer or straightener or anything of that nature.  It won't work.  It's easier and cheaper to just buy one here that works on the right voltage.  Otherwise it will not only kill your converter but also your hair device. :)  There's an Ashan (AWaN is what it looks like in cyrillic) that's just outside Kiev via metro that any and everything you may have left at home... CHEAP (of course the products are also cheaply made, but will work for a few weeks while you're here!)

4 comments:

  1. I blew our converter using my hair dryer on medium (thankfully the dryer still works). But everywhere we stayed had hair dryers. My flat iron worked just fine. But for the sake of space/weight/possibility of blowing something, it would be great to just buy them in Ukraine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree Meredith! I plugged my curling iron in and was trying to curl my hair. Pretty soon my hair started smoking and my husband was asking me if it is supposed to do that! Ha ha!
    So it burned up my curling iron and my hair a little bit too! ugh! But it was easy enough to find another one in a mall there to buy! good advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you say Ashan, do you actually mean Auchan? With a red and green logo with a bird? (Just heading back to Kiev in a month's time.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I came to America my hair straighteners blew my converter - it works both ways LOL :-) You can buy hair straighteners now that work with different voltages.

    ReplyDelete