Friday, August 06, 2010

TRUTH


-->
I am posting this here because the integrity of an organization that I hold near and dear to my heart has been publicly attacked, and myself as well. At this time, the family in reference has chosen to take their accusations to a public forum that does not allow any member of the Leadership Team to respond or dispute the allegations. Hence the reason for this post.

I’m colorblind. Doesn’t mean a whole lot in the great scheme of things, but it does affect my perception of things sometimes. For instance when I was first learning to drive and it was a foggy morning, I was driving up to a stoplight and realized that I couldn’t tell from a distance whether it was red or green. Slowing in caution, I waited until I could see the rest of the lights to tell whether it was on the top or on the bottom. If I’d sped through with my own ‘guess’ at what the light was, it could have been disastrous! My family likes to poke fun with me at times when I say “the green one over there” and they say “no… that’s ORANGE.” My perception of colors is sometimes difficult. Hand me those same colors matched up against the ones that I had them confused with, for instance an entire traffic light, and what my mind KNOWS to be true fills in what my eyes lack. I don’t ever see the bottom light as ‘red’ because my brain knows that’s wrong.

Perception without something that is a truth to match it to can sometimes be “off.” It’s not intentional, many times, and a person wouldn’t dream of saying that someone that is colorblind is lying when they say the wrong color unintentionally.

Yes, yes, I have a point coming!

Recently some semi-public things have been said in reference to this organization that are not true. They were not intended to be lies but I would like to think that they are just as a colorblind person sees reality without the comparison of knowing the truth- that these things being said are out of hurt and fear, but without the basis of the whole truth for them to line up with. Every ‘untruth’ generally has a large part of truth in it. In response to these public statements about them, it is unfortunate, but we will make a public response and request that anyone with further questions email the Leadership Team.

Untruth: leadership has tried to stop the adoption of two teenage orphans from Ukraine.
Truth: One of the people involved in leadership was called by a social worker in reference to a family that she provided respite for recently. This was not in reference to her role with the organization. She spoke candidly and truthfully about facts that she knows as truth to answer the social worker’s questions.
Untruth: the organization had a letter writing campaign to this social worker against this family.
Truth: Several people that are not on the leadership team and not connected with their adoptions have contacted the leadership to express their concerns about this adoption. They have said that they have previously spoken with the social worker. They came to leadership because plans for this adoption were posted to the Yahoo groups. The family has been told that several people came to leadership.
Untruth: One person has shared lies about this family and caused their homestudy to be denied.
Truth: A social worker’s job is to determine whether or not a family is able and prepared to parent a child at a specific time. This social worker checked with the people that he found necessary to speak with and after many contacts with many people, he determined that this is not the right timing for the family. This social worker is doing his job and asked candid questions and received truthful answers based on personal experiences with the family. No one has spread lies about this family nor attempted to convince others to lie. The organization is not involved in an organizational level in this adoption at all and was only notified of such correspondences by personal families because of the exposure this adoption had on the Yahoo groups by the family.
TRUTH: The family who has brought these allegations against the organization is hurting, and when people hurt, often they unintentionally hurt others. We hold no ill feelings toward this family and consider them FRIENDS. We hope and pray that in the future they will continue to be a part of the organization, and, on a more personal level, to remain friends as we all work through the difficulties and hurts in this situation.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS ORGANIZATION OR THE INTEGRITY OF ANY OF ITS LEADERSHIP TEAM, PLEASE CONTACT ANY OF THE LEADERSHIP TEAM PRIVATELY. YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR TEAM WILL BE OPENLY ANSWERED. QUESTIONS REGARDING SPECIFICS OF THE FAMILY SHOULD BE BROUGHT DIRECTLY TO THE FAMILY.
The family in question is not being named here because the Leadership Team remains in the opinion that this family has not intended to harm them or the LT in any fashion, and rather is speaking out of frustration and filling in ‘gaps’ that appear to the family as truth. Unfortunately, perception in this case has not been matched up with ‘truth.’
“Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” Luke 6:28
Please pray for the leadership team that we will continue to have grace in our word and deed in dealing with situations as they come up as well as for this family that is hurting.

7 comments:

  1. I don't know anything about this whole issue, but I admire how graciously you're handling it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know anything about this whole issue, but I admire how graciously you're handling it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Chantelle. Pray for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know what could have happened, but I do know that Reeces Rainbow has helped so many children and families that in my mind there is no doubt that they will continue to do so. When I adopted my daughters from Ukraine I will never in my life forget all the help and support I received from RR. Andrea Roberts and Meredith Cornish were wonderful. They deserve all our support and indeed I must agree with Meredith that this family must be hurting so.
    I am sure that God will intervene and make this family understand and he will ease their pain. RR will go on because it is God's Will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. catherine courtneyAugust 6, 2010 at 4:19 PM

    I believe very strongly in the mission of and people involved with RR. Though I am unable to adopt currently when God opens that door, I will use this ministry because of the love and integrity I have witnessed. I will be praying for all involved and continuing to pray for the grace filled work done.t

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautifully put. If negative things were ever said about me, I pray I would respond so graciously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, my name is angie i have been following RR for about 4 years now and I am still praying that my husband will agree to adopting. Ilove hearing about your family thanks for sharing and for all that you do for RR

    ReplyDelete