Monday, September 07, 2009

Obama's Speech Tomorrow

In case you're interested, the full speech is available at the White House website. I read it... it says do good at school. Nothing really controversial. I don't know how much Kristopher will even understand or if he'll know that's the president before they tell him :) My only concern was if the classroom/teacher activities were going to be more politically based since those aren't regulated by what has to be said. But Kristopher will be attending on Tuesday and will hear the speech with the rest of the class and I'm sure all will be fine.

The lesson plans for the teachers to use are also available at the White House link above.

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that if a classroom even watches it, that is probably about all they will do. The teachers have so much to accomplish with so little time to do it. The grade levels that take FCAT are even more pressured. I am sure the teachers would just as well skip it. I don't think it's going to be such a big deal as some are trying to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not mandatory to watch (yet), so many teachers (such as I) will not be watching it.
    Perhaps Kristopher's teacher won't put it on either.

    ReplyDelete