Sunday, June 08, 2008

Inspiration

I was recently made aware of another little girl named Emma (Emma Grace) who also has heart issues. Today is her 7th birthday and she is about to go home from the hospital after a life-threatening bout with a virus. This little Emma is 7 years old and although they didn't expect that she would live to be BORN, she has had a successful heart transplant, is affected by mitochondrial myopathy, and is a REAL SURVIVOR. Just to make things more interesting, her mother is a brain cancer survivor as well-- which happened just recently. Here is a quote from their blog. Emma's mom is an inspiration in her ability to really say things like they are BUT to also know who it is that should be praised...


I had a very long conversation with God, through my tears. I so want Emma to live a full life. Everytime we come back to the hospital, I am so scared that she isn't going to leave. I am so terrified that one time I won't be taking her back home. THis is such a HUGE burdon to live with. I have pounded my fists at God so many times, I have cried and screamed so many times to the point that I just don't have the energy anymore.

But then I remember my life verse:

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." -John 16:33

I have to believe that He loves her more than I do. I have to believe that He has a plan and a purpose for this. I have to believe that if/when He takes her home, He
will take care of those who loved her so deeply here on earth. I pray for her healing on the earth, but realize shortly after my prayers that she may not be healed this side of heaven, but she will be made whole on the other side of earth.

That is a tough pill to swallow for a mother.


If you'd like to continue to follow Emma Grace's journey, you will find her blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment