Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pictures from the weekend

Isn’t this what brothers are for?

DSCN3802 DSCN3803

 

Mike’s mom made this for their family something close to 20 or 25 years ago and it has graced their dining table each year at Thanksgiving in New Jersey since then.  I’m glad to be able to continue the tradition with the Cornish table covering for another year!  The centerpiece was made by my parents’ two boys- they painted the “pod” and decorated the things to go inside.  They did a great job!

              DSCN3805

We don’t get to see a whole lot of my brother, Robert, though he lives in town.  I was glad he was able to join us for Thanksgiving, and I think this is a great photo of him and our mom!

DSCN3806

Kristopher and Brianna getting ready to go outside and play while we cooked on Thanksgiving.  Brianna’s bringing me Emma’s old shoes because we could only find one of hers (and ironically, today I can find only one of Emma’s new shoes…)

DSCN3807 DSCN3808

Two of the “dads” in my life- and one super cute little girl too :)

DSCN3810DSCN3811

My aunt and uncles (Dad’s brothers) came by after dinner for some pumpkin pie :)  We had a nice time visiting!

DSCN3813

Doesn’t Micah look big?  Brianna was definitely lap-hopping on Thanksgiving!

DSCN3819DSCN3817

And I think she made it into the most photos that way too!

DSCN3818

YUM, Pumpkin Pie! (and a cheezy grin!)

DSCN3820

The “big boys” played on the porch while the adults visited amongst the babies.  The toys might be aimed a little young for a 9 and 7 yr old, but they made themselves at home pretty quickly!

image 

The boys each took a turn on the little tractor and insisted that everyone get their photo done too.  I can’t show the boys’ faces on the blog, hence the distortion.  I assure you they’re both adorable tho :)

image image DSCN3816

Hard to believe, looking at the last two photos, that K and T are 2 years apart!    They look almost the same size!

 

These are from Friday afternoon playing outside

DSCN3821 DSCN3823 DSCN3824DSCN3825 DSCN3828 DSCN3830

Kristopher playing with his friend O that lives across the street.  O is so tall!  He’s almost a year older than Kristopher :)

DSCN3831 DSCN3832

This was after Bria had been sick in the morning and you can tell she’s still not quite up to par…

DSCN3833 DSCN3834  

Watching K climb the ladder, then pouting :)

DSCN3842 DSCN3843

Here he goes… Kristopher can’t make it across on his own yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s doing it soon!

DSCN3844 DSCN3845

 

This is from Saturday, and it’s an exciting picture!  Doesn’t look too exciting?  Maybe if you knew that ALL THREE little ones just finished eating by SPOON an ENTIRE MEAL then maybe you’d get excited with me!  Or maybe not ;)

Brianna fed herself yogurt and a cereal bar with a cup of milk.  Emma had about 6 oz of babyfood mixed with cereal to thicken it up a bit and then had about 10 oz of yogurt (with a vanilla wafer crunched in part of it) after that.  And Micah even ate!  He had 3.5 oz of apples and oatmeal!  YAY!!

 DSCN3848

7 comments:

  1. It is so good to hear they have all progressed to eating by spoon! I know what a grand day that was! We are working on self-feeding with Amanda, but it is a long way off, I know.

    Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I am excited about your eating successes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures. Yay on the eating! That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray!! Eating with a spoon! I for one can and do get VERY excited with spoon eating/feeding! Way to go kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the table cloth idea, what a nice family tradition! Love the pics, and yes, YEAH for feeding themselves! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for spoon feeding!!! Loved all of the pictures from Thanksgiving. The first one of M is priceless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every eating/feeding success is such a sweet success! Congratulations! I can't believe how fast the kids are growing and changing before our very eyes! A huge credit to you and Mike.

    ReplyDelete