Monday, November 03, 2008

LONG day but wonderful!

I took Micah to the Down syndrome clinic at Hope Haven today in Jacksonville! I will tell all about it... later :) It was great though and on Wednesday we bring the girls in for their evals too.

I also had two big treats because I got to have lunch with the most beautiful 5 yr old girl in JAX and her mommy, my friends Kara and Kathy. We spent over 2 1/2 hours at the cafe chatting! Micah and Kara were both great (Micah slept through most of it) and I had a great time 'catching up' with Kathy. Kara thought I made a pretty good jungle gym and I think we're buds now ;)

Then I was disappointed to not get to meet up with my youth pastor's wife (who I haven't seen in about 6 years) because of scheduling, but since I'd set up childcare at home... I called to check that they were fine and I went shopping at the outlets in St. Augustine :) I had a good time with just Micah with me and found some clothes to 'fill the gaps' in the kids' winter clothes. I'm pleased with what I found :)

Then the 2 1/2 hours home again and I'm beat. School in the morning x3 so I'm off to get clothes out and pack lunches...

1 comment:

  1. I miss Jacksonville. I went to college at Trinity Baptist College there and I worked at our church's rescue mission there. So many wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete