Sunday, August 17, 2008

One year ago today...

We took a little "leap of faith" and wrote an e-mail. That e-mail changed my life and that of our family forever. By it I gained one of my best friends and began the biggest journey of faith that I have ever been on. Through that e-mail we eventually let a sweet little girl into our hearts and later on two new little ones into our lives. Such a small thing with such a big result.

Here is what it said...

Dear Andrea Roberts,
First I want to say THANK YOU for having Reeces Rainbow
and the ministry it provides to the children with Down syndrome across the
globe. As a birth parent to a 19 month old daughter with Down syndrome my eyes
have been opened to an entire world that I was practically unaware of- the gift
that these children bring.

Also, my husband and I are wanting to adopt a
child with Down syndrome and have frequented your site for several months. We
also have a 3 1/2 yr old 'typical' son and want to now begin the formal adoption
process. We are at a loss as to where to start! We have fallen in love with
several of the children on RR including two who we have contacted their
agencies. We originally did not even consider international adoption because of
the financial hardship it would cause us. We did not feel it is right to go in
to debt to retrieve a child when there are children here in the states as well.
Through your pages we have found a hope that we may be able to do this without
debt.

So... my question is whether you have any advice, recommendations,
or anything else that you could share with us to help us along the way. I
appreciate all of the info out there on the RR site.

Thank you again and
God Bless you and your ministry!

Sincerely,
Meredith and Michael
Cornish

 

 

Within 15 minutes I'd received a response from Andrea- who was right then on the other side of the world. Of course I replied again pretty quickly and the journey began to see all those little  faces needing homes across the world. The little ones that had eyes that said "I need you" and some whose hearts still needed repair. We looked at pictures of boys and girls, older and  younger. And I'm happy to say that many of those children whose faces we looked at over the next days are now home with their forever families or have families on their way to get them! 


Unfortunately, many are also still waiting. Take a look at these little ones-- all of whom were waiting a full year ago when we began our search for our own child. Is one of them yours? Some have full grants available to bring them home.  Or could you help a child find a forever family by sponsoring them with a grant- however large or small- so that they might be the next one coming home to a forever family?


Many families are ready and waiting... and the biggest difficulty with international adoption is definitely finances. By everyone doing a small part, each child could have a FULL GRANT for their  adoption which would greatly increase their chances of coming home.
 
For more info on any of these kiddos, contact me mkp1982@hotmail.com or Andrea Roberts bamaroberts@comcast.net
 
jinwu-1  vladik[1] zhora-2[1]  zhenyajuly2008-1[1]timur2008-11[1]slava2008-6[1]  tobias wallacejan2007 tak timothyandruis[1]ruslanatvorzel-2[1] 

6 comments:

  1. OH! I so badly want to adopt again! I just wish i didn't live in NJ! They limit the number of children allowed in a family :(
    ps BEAUTIFUL letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all just precious!! Too bad we are already in the process of our 6th adoption ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your loving anniversary!
    Liz, Boston

    ReplyDelete
  4. These babies are beautiful. Oh, how I wish I could adopt right now. I know it's a process. Love the letter you wrote. Also, do you have any updates on little Preston?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello
    I just wanted to stop by and tell you thank you for caring for orphans. As I have read through your blogs on children I am encouraged that I am not alone in this fight to help orphaned and abandoned children. I am adopted and have three other adopted brothers and sisters and find such encouragement knowing you a adoptive parent who obviously loves your children. I am the Director of Public Relations for a non-profit organization called World Orphans. We build church based orphan homes all over the world and our mission is simple E3 to reach each church…each child…each community. I would love for you to take a look at our website and let me know if you have any questions. (www.worldorphans.com) thank you again for your heart and words that you have written. I hope you will have a glorious blessed day!
    Jenna M. Howard
    -Director of Public Relations
    www.Worldorphans.org
    Jennah@worldorphans.org
    www.JennaMarieHoward.com

    ReplyDelete