Tuesday, January 29, 2008

01/29/2008 9:00pm Kiev

For those who posted about my health, I am feeling MUCH better today and only went through ONE packet of tiny pocket-sized tissue packets today :) But we did go buy a box too! We slept SO WELL last night and then got up to hot omlets this morning. Mike went back to bed for a while (he'll be up all night now). We have been so blessed by the family we are staying with. If they allow I will share their contact info with those traveling to Ukraine soon. It's a bed and breakfast type setup and they charge comparable to a rugged apartment with a springy bed, but instead have a beautiful home, real toilet paper (this is important;) )and a caring family around you!

Here's some pic's from the last week:
Our hotel room in Korosten:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Our regional facilitator, Natalia, and her husband, Artoym
Photobucket

The views from our car in either direction when we ran out of gas :)
Photobucket
Photobucket

FINALLY! Someone sold us a little gasoline :) they siphened it out of their tank for us!
Photobucket

One of our shopping trips- I think this was dinner when we had a late lunch one day :)
Photobucket

One of the MANY churches. They all have the bronze roof and are very ornate. When we were driving around sometimes there would be these TINY little homes that were all pretty dilapidated and then a huge ornate church. It was interesting. This one is in Korosten.
Photobucket

Some other things around Korosten
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This is also in Korosten, but it was a 'market'. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to go down that alley to buy food!
Photobucket

A public bus and an ambulance. There were a lot of different vehicles used as ambulances!
Photobucket

Picture this... it's 30 or less outside, it's snowing, and the 'place to be' is outside in this tent... I'll pass, thanks.
Photobucket

When we went downstairs on Saturday in Korosten only to find that the hotel restaurant was reserved for a wedding all day, this became our lunch and dinner :)
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Hi Meredith,
    Thanks for the pictures. I'd love the contact information for the family you are staying with, if they are willing to let you share. It sounds so nice and welcoming.
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith,
    I'm glad you're feeling better. I love looking at your pictures. I'm so glad you're in a comfortable place with some added support and care! I'm praying that you hear about another SDA appointment soon.
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are felling better. It is great that you are now in a good comfortable place. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I would not want to go shopping in that alley either. The beds looked a little small in the hotel. Thanks for sharing the clipping of the water so we will all know to make sure we grab lots of water when there. Your in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beds are like I Love Lucy - we have that on dvd lol. Glad you are in a better place... welcome to Europe lol. We Brits don't usually consider ourselves European tho. When do we get to see pics of the new place, sounds lovely.

    Prayers and blessings today

    WandL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Guy's,
    I"m so glad your doing better and have a nice place to stay, God is so good and a good provider!! We have been praying for you and checking this site daily(four or five times is more like it) for updates!Remember your being covered in prayer and thought about all the time!!I can't wait to meet who ever it is God is going to give you! Gary and I love you both and will continue to pray and bring you both before our Father. Love,
    Gary & Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that things are moving along. We are leaving in less than an hour to head for the train depot. I wish I had read the posts earlier, so we could meet up but we slept off jetlag this morning and didn't get moving until after 1pm. Talk to you soon! Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the pictures! I can't believe how far out you were when you car broke down ... how miserable!!

    ReplyDelete